martes, 3 de febrero de 2009


Well, today I want to describe a place, that I think that I can describe exactly because I spent 15 days there, and I could see the different ways of working , the food, other patients, different doctors and nurses and different rooms. It's located in Girona. It's a big place, that the people go because they are ill, you can enter emergency or as outpatient. It's a public hospital that everybody can go to. Also it's a university hospital. It's a very technologically prepared hospital which provides much material.
At the end of summer, the hospital programme visits because it was its 25th birthday, I went there with Anna and hier mother. We saw all the techologies, also the kitchen and the ambulance. .It was really interesting. There are so many people and everybody has his speciality. When I stayed in there I could see the different jobs and it was a very different, for example, the woman who cleans the hospital, the nursing assistant, the nurse and finally the doctor. The rooms aren't special, I never stayed in Girona but when I was 6 years old I stayed for 3 days in Figueres.
The first 9 days I stayed alone in an isolation room but I stayed in there for precaution, the problem wasn't that I passed something but the people passed something tome. I liked to have a room for me. I can describe the eighth floor. If you want to go up to the eight floor catch the lift!. when you exit the lift you can go on the left or right. If you go on the left you can find the ICO in there there are the people with cancer, I think that it's the new part of the hospital, only if you can see the rooms, the walls with pictures also there is a fishbowl and a small library. But if you go on the right you can find the infectious unit and internal medicine.
At first I stayed in the infectious unit, which was a corridor that the people stayed alone and in some rooms the doctors and nurse had to go with masks and gowns. The rooms have a bed, table, chairs, bathroom, small cabinet and nothing else, they were simple rooms. Next to my room was a big room for the people to go to stay in there and read, speak and relax. I spent a lot of time in there I like this room. A few days later I went to Interal Medicine which was on the same floor. In there everybody shares the room and for me it's different. But the only difference was that you sleep in the same room as the other people and the bathroom doesn't have ashower. There I stayed in two different rooms. But if I could choose a room, I would keep the first room. So I stayed in four different rooms in Hospital Trueta. If I tell the UCI, but I can't describe it because I can’t remember.

No hay comentarios: